Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pin numbers to add channel says activated but keeps saying invalid pin over and over

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pin numbers to add channel says activated but keeps saying invalid pin over and over

@Kellymarie 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

For more information about how to update your PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Pin numbers to add channel says activated but keeps saying invalid pin over and over

You set a PIN on your Roku account by logging into it on https://my.roku.com, using the email address associated with your account as the login name. 

Make sure your Roku is connected to this same account.  When you go to Settings > System > About on your Roku does it show the same email address?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did that, still says pin is invalid. Cant add youtube tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Make sure the the email address that shows up under Settings->About is the same email address that you're using to sign in at https://my.roku.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have validated that, it's the same email address as in settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DavidGS 

Thanks for the update.

What Roku model device are you trying to add the Youtube TV channel to?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos