Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Re: Picture size way too big

Jump to solution

This didn't happen from me bumping the remote. I did this when I was trying to fix the picture size. I went into the menu in my Hitachi remote highlighted settings and it somehow got changed there. I went back there just before and I saw the closed caption on that screen but it wasn't highlighted soni couldn't do anything with it. So I'm stuck as what to do now.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

OK, so that sounds like it's the TV setting. Regardless of the menu item you saw, there should also be a button on the remote that controls captions. From the images I've looked at, it might be labeled CC, CAPT, caption, text, or it might have an image of a text box like you see in a comic strip. That button should let you toggle through the available caption options, including off. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I see the button it doesn't do anything. I just don't understand why the closed caption screen isn't highlighted. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I can't really say. This isn't the place to get support for your Hitachi TV. We just try to help where possible. But it does sound like the captions are coming from the TV, not the Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos