Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Picture size way too big

Jump to solution

I accidentally bumped something on my Roku remote. I never touched anything in the settings. How can I get my picture back to normal size without going into the settings. I am not taking about a Roku TV.  The picture is huge it's zoomed way in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Picture size way too big

Jump to solution

I can't really say. This isn't the place to get support for your Hitachi TV. We just try to help where possible. But it does sound like the captions are coming from the TV, not the Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
atc98092

Jump to solution

There are no image size controls on a Roku player. Almost all TVs have some sort of aspect ratio control, and many have a button on the TV remote to change it. Check your TV settings, and somewhere there should be something labeled as "size" or "aspect ratio". See if it got changed to a zoomed setting. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a Hitachi tv and there are many buttons. I went to the menu and didn't see any settings. I bumped something just don't know what. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

It's there, I just can't tell you exactly where. The remote likely has a button labeled "p-size", "zoom", "aspect", or perhaps some really off the wall name. I just did a quick search for Hitachi TV remotes, and the images I saw mostly had a button labeled Aspect. But some remotes only had an image on the button, rather than words. No idea what image they might use for that one.

Dan

0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Okay thanks for your help I did get the picture back to normal but now I have another problem.  I accidentally turned on my closed caption. It's not highlighted in the settings so I have no idea of how to get it off my screen can you please help me?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Closed captions could be coming from the TV, or from the Roku. If it's TV based, there should be a button for that on the remote. Likely labeled CC. If it's the Roku, press the * button on the remote while the video is playing, and there will be a captions setting in the menu that appears. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes I see it. I did this when trying to fix the picture size. Thing is it's not highlighted anymore so u can't change the setting.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

You can only change the setting if a video is playing. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Taybay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is playing. I had went into setup on my remote and it somehow got turned on there. It's not highlighted right now. When I go to video there is no closed caption option there only in my tv setup.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, I'm not certain where the captions are coming from. But those are the only two places you'll find caption control: on the TV itself or any external device (such as the Roku, a cable box, DVD player, etc.)

Now within a particular channel streaming video on the Roku, such as Netflix or Prime Video, those channels have their own way of controlling captions. But simply bumping a button on a remote won't change those settings. You have to change them within the channel while the video is playing, and different channels have different ways of reaching those settings. 

Dan

0 Kudos