Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Picture but no sound

With the Roku express, set up with hdmi cable from roku directly into tv. Picture is fine, but no sound. I tried the second hdmi port, even tried another hdmi cable. Tv is not on mute.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

TV with no audio with roku streaming stick

Hi. I just bought a roku streaming stick+ and when I hooked it up to my Vizio smart TV I was unable to get any audio, but the picture was perfect. I then went and hooked up the streaming stick to my Sony TV to see if it was a TV issue. I had the exact same problem. The picture was perfect, but again no audio. I've adjusted the audio settings in Roku and the TV with no success. I would really like the streaming stick to work and have researched many topics to resolve the problem, but haven't found a solution. Please help! 

Thanks

VIZIO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Picture but no sound

@DHff @VIZIO 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps regarding no audio on your Roku device here: What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos