Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Passwords not transfered to new player?

I replaced my old ROKU with the new ROKU HD player. I have a ROKU account and all of my streaming channels appeared when the new player completed set up. But now I have to enter all of my passwords again. Doesn't ROKU store my passwords? When I bought a TLC ROKU TV I don't remember having to enter passwords again.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Passwords not transfered to new player?

No, Roku does not store your passwords in their cloud. The passwords are stored directly on the device as a security feature. They cannot be accessed remotely. When you set your TV up, you had to do it then as well. If I recall correctly, Amazon Prime might be the one and only channel that can be authenticated from the web site and not required on the device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos