Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Panasonic TV does not recognize my new Roku Express +

I followed the instructions to set up my new Roku Express + and plugged it into the HDMI 2 outlet on my TV.  there is a blueish light on the left side of the player that blinks.  When I select Input on my TV remote there is no device shown for HDMI 2 so I cannot select that input.  I though it may be the HDMI cable so I tried another HDMI cable with the same result.  It is pretty lousy of ROKU that they do not provide agent help for this device.  I am thinking about returning it to Roku for a refund. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Panasonic TV does not recognize my new Roku Express +

Have you tried to plug it into a different HDMI port at least temporarily?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I only have the one spare HDMI port (HDMI 2) in addition to the HDMI port (HDMI 1) for the cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Try just for a test to plug it into HDMI 1.

Im not familiar with your particular Panasonic but it seems to me it should swith Input to that port regardless of whether or not somethings in it.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

When I select Input on my remote it shows HDMI 2 but there is no device connected to it so I cannot select it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

So it wont switch to HDMI 2 it should even if nothings connected.

Unless Im mistaken.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Please try it in the other port just to see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Will do.  Thanks.  That worked.  Now if my cable won't play on HDMI2 I guess I have a bad HDMI port.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Level 16

thats the bad news. Maybe its something in the Settings.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You are right.  I was able to use the TV remote, not the Cox remote and go in and change HDMI 2 to a device and then it worked fine.  It was set on "unused" but I set it on a device and Voila, it worked.  Thank you so much for suggesting it may be a settings issue.