Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkme
Reel Rookie

Only 1080p coming out of my Roku Ultra

Hello, I'm pretty much a Roku beginner. I have an LG TV which supports 4K HDR. I have an anthem MRX 720 AV Receiver that also supports 4K HDR. The HDMI cable coming out of my Roku ultra is plugged into a HDMI input port on my Anthem. The HDMI output on my Anthem is connected to my LG TV. I'm quite certain that my Roku Ultra supports 4K HDR. So how come my Anthem A/V receiver is showing 1080p coming out of the Roku. is their a configuration or setup issue? Thanks --TIm

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Only 1080p coming out of my Roku Ultra

On the Roku go into Settings->Display type and try to set it to 4k.

I'm pretty sure only 4k videos will be displayed in 4k.  The Home Screen and other UI elements will be 1080p.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

try connecting directly to your LG to rule out an AVR HDMI configuration/mode issue (make sure HDMI Ultra HD Deep color is enabled on your LG's HDMI ports).

If direct connection to the TV works fine, you need to look into the HDMI port mode settings on your Anthem AVR.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@renojim wrote:

On the Roku go into Settings->Display type and try to set it to 4k.

I'm pretty sure only 4k videos will be displayed in 4k.  The Home Screen and other UI elements will be 1080p.

Roku's always upscale all output to the max detected/configured resolution, so even if the Roku UI etc were in 1080p, they still be upscaled to 2160p on output.

mdaugerdas
Channel Surfer

I have a Samsung not a smart tv I can’t figure out how to set 4K TV or HDR. It won’t let me 

0 Kudos
Sidantha
Reel Rookie

Did you get any solution  for this ? I'm having the same issue , you tube videos playing in 2K resolution,  but roku is connection only 1080p

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sidantha

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos