Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Tv to Hook up... no HMDI hook up

I have several tvs at camp, but they are older, like fifteen or so years old, just have AVI hook up (the three wired connections for like a DVD player) and the cable hook up. I have been told that I am able to buy a device to still get Roku, is this true, and if so what do I exactly need?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Older Tv to Hook up... no HMDI hook up

HDMI to RCA Converter Dingsun HDMI to AV Adapter HDMI to Older TV Adapter Compatible for Apple TV, Xiaomi Mi Box, Android TV Box, Roku, Fire Stick, DVD, Blu-ray Player ect. Supports PAL/NTSC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRXDZCF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BCPWN8F9JWTW61PGY1Y2

Roku Express+ | HD Streaming Media Player, Includes HDMI and Composite Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M2AJZ5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1S753SCZQ0ZGD7XBES9B

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ello2022, I can't believe you of all people would recommend a $149 Express from several years ago.  I got two of them for $10 each when Roku stopped producing them.

@Brittlane89, there are many HDMI to RCA converters out there.  Just make sure it goes from HDMI to RCA.  Some go the other way and some go both ways.  Also, the ones that are just a cable don't work.  It has to be a box and they generally have mixed results.  You really might want to look into investing in a new TV rather than cobbling together something that may not produce the best results.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@renojim  It’s an option. I gave him 2 options. With links so he can decide for himself. It’s for a camp so who knows the budget 

0 Kudos