Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Old Roku to New

Jump to solution

I just want to know if I replace my Roku Stick with a newer model,  is there a way to transfer the 300 channels in my personal list to the new device. Thanks

Jay 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Old Roku to New

Jump to solution

Yes, whatever channels are attached to your user account will be installed automatically when the new device is linked to your user account. But any log in credentials will have to be added manually. That information is not located in the Roku cloud, as a security feature. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 9

Jump to solution

The way I have seen it, when you activate/sign into the same Roku account on the new device, the channels will then download (assuming that they are compatible on new device). The past two devices I used (Ultras) worked in this way.

Level 21

Jump to solution

Yes, whatever channels are attached to your user account will be installed automatically when the new device is linked to your user account. But any log in credentials will have to be added manually. That information is not located in the Roku cloud, as a security feature. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post