Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie9
Reel Rookie

Not receiving email for activation link

been trying for a day now to get the email. everything else is fine, but i’m not getting an email to be able to active my Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  , i cant seem to be able to have a link code or anything. email is the only way to go, but it never shows up in any inboxes. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Not receiving email for activation link

Hello @julie9

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kflow

S07P218TGRPR - Express 4K +

tried multiple factory resets

0 Kudos
Boaterr26
Reel Rookie

Serial number SOAH515VYYHB

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Boaterr26,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please confirm if you are not receiving an email when activating your Roku device or you are receiving an error message? Have you also checked your spam folder and accepted Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding the activation process: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
StevenGre
Reel Rookie

There are no articles attached to the support link! I don't have a pin hole or button reset on my device. You don't even list my device. I have the Roku LE streaming device. I checked my email, spam and trash. I have reset several times. 

0 Kudos
StevenGre
Reel Rookie

Funny how I get an instant email response telling me that I am now included in the community, but can't get an activation email! My serial number is S013317K8ENO.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StevenGre,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I’m having this same issue trying to say up my Roku tv after smashing my Samsung. Very irritating when I can’t call and talk to someone. Done multiple resets. Not even getting an email through your website when I tried to get an email sent to reset my password. Not a win win for a stay at home mom and a toddler that uses the tv for down time ! 

thank you 

Heather

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos

If you are prompted with an activation email, make sure to use your Roku account email mykohlscharge and check your spam folder as users myaccountaccess have reported activation emails being sent there.If you are unable to retrieve an activation code on the screen, try using an alternate wireless network to see if you can generate an activation code...

0 Kudos