Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not getting activation email

Hello - I am not getting the activation email from the Roku. I have gone thru the factory rest and reinstall without success. My other Roku on my account works fine - I bought this second Roku thru my Roku account and so far it will not send me a code  Tom

0 Kudos
Noel2810

I am having same issue, it is not sending activation code, I have reset wifi router and did a factory reset.  What else can I do.

0 Kudos
Oates

I'm having the same problem.

I did everything instructed by the service rep.

I even did a factory reset twice and still no activation sent to my email.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @greenmonkeyrec @Noel2810 @Oates

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kdbuchman

I am have the same problem, no activation email.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kdbuchman

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cole5

Hi Mary, 

I have the Roku stick, I’ve re entered my email, factory reset multiple times and waited for an activation email but have not received anything. Would appreciate any help. Thank you 

Cole 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cole5

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RoKerr

That happened to me today as well.  Also, on another Roku device, Roku Premeire, I’m trying to setup for the first time will not pair to a remote and I can’t get past the “language” setup page to select “English” when it first comes on.

0 Kudos
not-jed
Reel Rookie

Same problem; almost.  I am receiving Activation e-mails; however they are received 7 to 16 hours after the requested activation.  (I'm using the time printed in the e-mail and comparing it to the time it was received by my server).  I tried going throught the entire process three times yesterday.  Each time when I finally received the e-mail, I was unable to use it, since it had expired.

Today I took the Roku device back to the store as unusable.  I then purchased a seperate unit, and for the past 35-minutes I have been awaiting the Activation e-mail for this new unit.

My e-mail address is at "charter.net".  If this is not a valid network for Roku activation; please identify this in your documentation.

0 Kudos