Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting activation email

I just bought my Roku Express 4K+ last night (5/8/22) and tried setting it up, I got all the way to the activation link screen and have yet to receive an email. I double checked I typed it in right, I checked my spam folder, and I factory rest the roku 4 times now and it’s still not working. I am not getting the email. I am not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Not getting activation email

Who is your email carrier? Try using Gmail or Yahoo

0 Kudos

I have a gmail, that’s the email I’m using and I’m still not getting the email. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @saavaannaah,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still having an issue with activating and not receiving an email activation, please provide the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@saavaannaah   Use a gmail with no special characters just simple like johndoe@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Tiggerjake

Random reset now can’t send activation link by email

I’ve read the other posts. My Roku was set up and working. This time I turned it on and it sent me back to the beginning, selecting English, etc. gets to sending the activation link by email and it never sends it. I tried switching the internet to my hotspot but Roku says it can’t connect to that. I reset my modem. Doesn’t help. I have the neighbors internet password (they are a relative) so I tried connecting with theirs. Doesn’t work. 
this thing isn’t even a month old! What’s going on with it

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Random reset now can’t send activation link by email

@Tiggerjake

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking the Spam folder as well as searching your email account for the term "Activate" to see if you are able to locate the activation email.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
DReich

I am having the same issue not receiving the activation email. I have had this Roku tv for at least four years. Suddenly lost multiple over the air channels so after checking cable connections and several rescans decided to try factory reset. Not receiving authentication emails. Yes email address was entered correctly, yes checked spam folders. The Roku rep who responded to the original contact in this convo indicated that a device serial number would be helpful. I’m a bit skeptical as to how that info would help to resolve the issue but I am happy to give it a try. The serial number for my device is 1804GTC002785A05953. Please let me know if there are any other troubleshooting steps I may try.

0 Kudos
DRE29

This was resolved by using a new email address for authentication, which also required creating a new Roku account.

0 Kudos
DRE29

…thus the new screen name.