Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Re: Not getting activation email

I just wrote the CEO of Roku. He needs to know his products are sub par and his tech support people have absolutely no idea how to solve this. This appears to be a huge issue with Mother Roku and I told him that.  If I get any response, I'll post it.

mrperrino

I need an activation email as well please

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mrperrino,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to receive an activation email, is that correct?

Have you checked for the email on your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox?

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ...
In addition, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device

You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku 

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number/device id of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Mary -Thanks for the response.

No activation of the device because of no e-mail -ON THREE NEW ROKU DEVICES.

E-mail and spam folders -REPEATEDLY CHECKED.

Factory reset -TRIED THREE TIMES.

Router, updated, THEN REPLACED. Oddly, none of the new Rokus ask for the wireless access PIN. How can they access the Internet without asking for the PIN? My older Rokus that function always ask for the PIN to access the router. It appears the new firmware is not working correctly.

Regarding the Roku Resolution link: Email entered three dozen times. VERIFIED correct. Nothing in the SPAM folder. You can only wait 30 minutes as the request TIMES OUT. I even tried my back-up e-mail and Roku advised me that this was "not an operable e-mail address." BS. I get DOZENS of e-mails there daily.

Roku Model 4800X

SN: S02A208WHRV2

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done. @CCRay,

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team regarding your activation issue. Rest assured that I’ve escalated and created a follow-up to our support team.

We sincerely appreciate your patience. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beck12

I have tried all trouble shooting still no activation email.  model number c4396c138853   my email is [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Tammy5
Reel Rookie

Hello! I have resolved my issue. Thanks

0 Kudos
ritadigest
Reel Rookie

I tried a Yahoo.com email and got the link. But my account is not under Yahoo.com, and I don't want it to be. I get email from Roku Community at the email address I used to setup my Roku account. I should not have to use only certain email providers to use Roku. I use my preferred email with Amazon and Netflix. They don't seem to have an issue with it. Why can't Roku do the same?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ritadigest, if you managed to get your Roku linked to some email address you can always change your email address in your profile at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information, @beck12.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Regards,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos