Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marion58
Reel Rookie

Re: Not getting activation email

@RokuDanny-R

Model# 3930X

SN: S008312VL4R9

0 Kudos
Kimmie6487
Reel Rookie

Same thing happening to me with my new Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information, @Marion58.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kimmie6487,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Could you please verify if you getting any error messages when you are trying to activate your device?

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information on how to resolve activation issues: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku 

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ritadigest
Reel Rookie

I wouldn't waste time posting to this thread. Team Roku here is not being honest about what is going on. Before being disconnected, I got a tech support person at Roku to admit they are having problems sending emails to some users. So, it's not an issue with the device. Don't bother resetting it. It's an issue with Roku and their email service.

0 Kudos
TiaDiavian21
Reel Rookie

Hello I retried on a different television and it worked so it must have been that TV thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Kimmie6487
Reel Rookie

I tried again hours later after multiple resets and getting the same run sound on the phone and it worked.  So yes,  it was a Roku server issue.  

I am not receiving my email either. Have tried all suggestions including a different email account and still nothing. 

@RokuMary-F 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GraceVanNada,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide the serial number/device id of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ritadigest
Reel Rookie

Please don't ask us to waste our time sending you the serial number of the unit. This thread is full of people doing that and later saying it's made no difference. The issue is at Roku. Your system is not sending email. Please just admit that and fix it instead giving us busy work that won't solve anything.