Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susu33
Reel Rookie

No sound - active speakers roku express

Hi,

With my edifier speakers plugged rca to rca to my old toshiba tv, i can"t get the audio with the #rokuexpress 4k. I do get the internal audio of the though. I am sure the speakers work (tested with my pc

I tried switching to pcm, stereo. I tried cutting power, reboot... a lot of things.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: No sound - active speakers roku express

@Susu33  is your old Toshiba TV a CRT model?  If so, and you’re using an adapter between the HDMI and the set, the problem could be with the adapter.  If you have another TV set, with HDMI, you could try connecting the Roku to that and see if the issue is with either the adapter, the PC or the Roku device.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Susu33
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound - active speakers roku express

Thanks for the fast answer, it is a toshiba40L310U

it is not a CRT, no hdmi adapter needed

0 Kudos