Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No signal

I bought 2 roku's and can only get one going. The other one, the tv says no service. I've read the similar posts and tried different things. I have unplugged and plugged back, I have tried setting it to a different HDMI. Nothing I am doing works and I am very frustrated.  I dont know what  else to try and am beginning to wish I had stuck with Dish network....who sends out a tech to help with issues

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No signal

@Mwalker 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable you are using to connect the device? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

You don't say, but I'm assuming you are using these two Rokus on two different tv sets. If so, have you tried the non-working Roku on the set where the working Roku is currently connected?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nothing is coming up my player won't even turn on 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lbcfrsh 

Thanks for the note.

What model device do you have? Do you see a light on the device? How is the device powered? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Set up of Roku on Samsung Tv

I’m trying to set up my roku on my Samsung TV, while it’s an older TV I have never had any issues with connecting any device to my TV with use of an HDMI cord. I followed the set up steps and my TV still says “no signal” and will not bring up the roku set up screen... does this mean my TV cannot work with a roku? Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Set up of Roku on Samsung Tv

1) How are you powering the Roku - from the tv's USB port or the Roku power adaptor plugged into the wall? Many tv USB ports don't provide enough current to drive the Roku.

2) Have you tried a different HDMI port on the tv?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Won't show it is connected

My Roku SE won't do anything, but flash one flash and then two flashes over and over. I have tried new cords and resetting the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Won't show it is connected

@Cowgal 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the device? Is it being powered into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cable? Have you also tried using another HDMI port on the TV or seeing if your device works using another TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos