Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamajo1_
Level 7

No signal with Roku

About a week ago my Roku screen started zooming in where I couldn’t even see to type on the screen. I tried fixing it by adjusting the Roku display size in settings and my screen immediately went black and the words “no signal” came up. Since then my Roku will not come on. I have tried unplugging and plugging back into a different HDMI. I also tried unplugging it from the wall and waiting 60 seconds. After doing this the screen came up in big letters “Roku” and then immediately went back to being black and displaying the words “no signal” 

Please help. I’m not quite sure how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
mamajo1_
Level 7

Re: No signal with Roku

image.jpg

This is the screen. I’m unsure which roku device I have. It was purchased only 2 years ago

0 Kudos
Mpasternak
Level 7

Re: No signal

-Roku model and number: MODEL:3930X

-Roku device/serial number (found on the device)
SN: S008306FJE7D

-what TV brand and model number you are plugging the device into 
brand
Zenith- my TV and Roku were both working Perfectly for months suddenly my tv screen started saying “no signal”.

-are you using an AVR in your setup? If so, what brand and model? No. 

thank you!

0 Kudos
MxAbby
Level 7

“No Signal” when setting up Roku Premiere

I just purchased a Roku Premiere today.  I thought setup would be easy, but all I get is “No Signal” on my LG TV.  I checked the HDMI cable and the power cable.  Also, I am certain that I have selected the correct input.  I’m extremely frustrated and wondering if I should just return the Roku.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: “No Signal” when setting up Roku Premiere

Does any light illuminate on the front when you connect the power?  If not, take it back.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chaela1989
Level 7

Re: “No Signal” when setting up Roku Premiere

Same and I’m ready to return it. Not a good experience for a brand new purchased TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mamajo1_ @MxAbby @Chaela1989 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No signal

@Mpasternak 

Thanks for the information.

How are you powering the Roku device? Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MxAbby
Level 7

It is a Roku Premiere (HD/4K/HDR).  It is connected to a wall outlet using the included USB power cable and power adapter.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, I can return it.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MxAbby 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID of the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos