Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No signal on Samsung smart TV

I recently purchased a Samsung m4500, and tried to install Roku Premiere. Unfortunately I keep getting a HDMI no signal message. I've unplugged the HDMI and plugged into the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 slots with no avail. I've also reset the roku device and held the reset button for 30 sec., and still nothing. I ended up trying to set up Roku on other TVs and still got no signal. The weird thing is that the TV recognizes that something is plugged into the HDMI port, but doesn't actually recognize the source. I wonder if I may have gotten a faulty hdmi cable, or if samsungs are just not compatible with this device.

Also, I plugged in the usb, and the roku's light went on, but still didn't connect to the tv. I never saw any light turn on with the hdmi plugged in. Is it supposed to turn on once you plug it in via hdmi? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No signal on Samsung smart TV

@jojogom 

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you've done all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend. If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos