Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojogom

HDMI 'No Signal' message on Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a Samsung m4500, and tried to install Roku Premiere. Unfortunately I keep getting a HDMI no signal message. I've unplugged the HDMI and plugged into the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 slots with no avail. I've also reset the roku device and held the reset button for 30 sec., and still nothing. I ended up trying to set up Roku on other TVs and still got no signal. The weird thing is that the TV recognizes that something is plugged into the HDMI port, but doesn't actually recognize the source. I wonder if I may have gotten a faulty hdmi cable, or if samsungs are just not compatible with this device.

Also, I plugged in the usb, and the roku's light went on, but still didn't connect to the tv. I never saw any light turn on with the hdmi plugged in. Is it supposed to turn on once you plug it in via hdmi? 

[Image added for context]

Example of a type of 'HDMI No Signal' message you might see on your TVExample of a type of 'HDMI No Signal' message you might see on your TV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal on Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

@jojogom 

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you've done all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend. If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jojogom 

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you've done all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend. If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
talktek

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my Roku Ultra when I try to connect to a Samsung model UN43TU7000B. The HDMI port recognizes that something is connected but I get a "no signal" message and can't even get to the Roku set up screen. I have tried everything. This same Roku works fine with my other Samsungs and LGs. I have tried changing HDMI ports, changing HDMI cable, using reset, etc. I have contacted Samsung tech and run through diagnostics. They said HDMI ports are working. If I don't get it connected soon, I will have to send the Roku back before return policy take effect. It's a shame because I am hooked on the Roku Ultra-I have 4 for my other TVs.

0 Kudos