Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KirstynnAnn
Reel Rookie

No setup screen, flashing blue light

So I got my roku and I followed the instructions exactly and I am not getting a set up screen and it has a flashing little blue light. 

Help? 

31 REPLIES 31
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No setup screen

The flashing light is a good sign.  How is it connected to your TV?  Use the Source or Input button on your TV to cycle through all the inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Squid66
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to me. This is the 2nd Roku Express I’ve tried. Set up looks simple and I followed these easy instructions. HDMI to HDMI. Power cable in wall outlet. Switched LG LCD TV to HDMI 3 and tried HDMI 4. I never bring up the activation menu on the screen. Just says no signal. I tried 1 and 2 although I know they are in use. As an alternative I try set up through my iPad but it states there are no Roku devices on my network. This happened with my 1st one so I returned it now it’s happening with my 2nd one. Are these just junk? Maybe I should get a fire stick? I have that on another tv and don’t have problems. Any suggestions? Apparently Roku the company does not provide support for its customers so any troubleshooting I can get from you all until my return window closes is greatly appreciated. 
thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try the Express on the other TV using the same input as the Fire stick is using?  Does the light on the Express come on when you plug in the power?  Don't even bother with the iPad - it can't be setup that way.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Squid66 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps suggested by @renojim, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
huskerhoss

mitibushi wd-73727 will not install

I have the above mentioned tv and I can't get it to install. It just shows the blue screen. please help me

Troy

0 Kudos
Squid66
Reel Rookie

Renojim,

great suggestion! I tried that and it worked. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Squid66
Reel Rookie

Renojim’s advice worked. So I moved the Firestick to the initial TV and I can’t get it to work there. Sadly I’ll be returning the Roku. Since one of the 2 TVs doesn’t seem to be compatible I only need one device. Unless you know of a way to install without using an HDMI port. 

0 Kudos
Cfowler1

Mine doesn't work at all regardless of HDMI input. There is only a steady pale blue light. Your device said there'd be support on the setup but there's nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cfowler1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? You stated that you used another HDMI input, but have you switching the HDMI cable used to connect your device? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried using another TV to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos