Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No link code sent to my tv

Jump to solution

I've had a Roku Express for a few years and it works fine. I don't remember having to setup any kind of account when I connected it to the internet. I recently set up an account on Roku.com and when I click on the link to activate a device it says to enter the code on the tv screen but there isn't any code on my tv screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No link code sent to my tv

Jump to solution

@Magyar1964 

Thanks for the post.

If the email address in Account settings is not yours, I am wary of how you setup your device. 

We would recommend first and foremost performing a factory reset on your device to set it up new again and link it to your Roku account that you have created. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you had any subscriptions that were linked to this unknown account, we would recommend you reach out to our Support team to make sure you are taken care of. Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Are you trying to link the Roku Express that you've had for a few years to the account you just created?  If so, you'll need to factory reset the Express.  You can see what account it's currently linked to by going into Settings->System->About.  The email address shown there is the account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks.

The email in settings is one I've never seen and didn't enter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Magyar1964 

Thanks for the post.

If the email address in Account settings is not yours, I am wary of how you setup your device. 

We would recommend first and foremost performing a factory reset on your device to set it up new again and link it to your Roku account that you have created. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you had any subscriptions that were linked to this unknown account, we would recommend you reach out to our Support team to make sure you are taken care of. Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there any way to get the code without a factory reset? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ChipaElGordo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you were setting up your Roku device or TV, then factory resetting is the easiest way to receive another link code. When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos