Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No activation code on screen or email

Hi,

I am setting up a Roku 3 and did not get an activation code on screen or in my email.  I am blocked.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No activation code on screen or email

I'm having the exact same problem with the Roku Express I just bought my mom. We have one ourselves we bought a few months ago and set up with no problem, but when her screen says an activation link has been sent to my email address, then I go to the email message and click the link, but nothing updates on her screen -- there is no activation code on her screen (nor was there one in the activation email).

None of the resources in the "Support" tab have been helpful, and I am stuck.

Highlighted
Level 19

What does it show on your screen?  Try a factory reset.  Find the pinhole on the back of the Roku 3 and with it powered up use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

For me (with a Roku Express), what shows on the screen is the "An activation link has been sent to your email address" -- but it never updates to show an activation code.

Should I do a factory reset? If so, do I do it the same way that you described for the Roku 3?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

no activation code

Trying to set up a new Roku Premiere + and am not getting an activation code.  When I get the activation email and click on it, it then asks for a code which I never get.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It either shows an activation code on the screen or sends you an email with the code - one or the other.  If it's telling you an email was sent no code will appear on your screen.  Check your email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did the factory reset and it eventually came back to the first setup screen to select language.  Now it does not respond to the remote.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Activation error

I follow the steps with the activation link and it says done but my tv doesn’t update?? I’ve done several different times and still nothing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are were prompted to follow the email activation flow, and received an email from us while you were trying to activate your device, can you please provide us with a screenshot of the email that you received?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation error

@Bc4 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about what specifically happens when you are activating your device/TV? Have you tried performing a factory reset to see if that solves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos