Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reel Rookie

No TV onscreen instructions

Jump to solution

I've gone through the steps. But, when I select the HDMI output I just get a "No Signal" message and no on screen instructions on set up. What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No TV onscreen instructions

Jump to solution

@0417 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried plugging in your device in another HDMI port or using another HDMI cable? Additionally, have you tried plugging in your device into another TV to see if the device is able to connect?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@0417 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried plugging in your device in another HDMI port or using another HDMI cable? Additionally, have you tried plugging in your device into another TV to see if the device is able to connect?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks a bunch, Danny. A different HDMI plug in did the trick. 

0 Kudos
Beezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All I get when the roku stick is plugged in is a rolling ROKU on my TV screen. No further set up instructions? My remote has the blinking green light, supposedly pairing the remote with the tv. But remote will not turn TV on or off? I have a 2016 Samsung Smart TV

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Beezer, when you say "rolling Roku" are you speaking of the Roku logos cascading down the screen?  The not turning the TV on/off is a completely different issue.  Press the reset button on the stick or unplug it from the TV and its power source for a few seconds and then reconnect everything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Beezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried on another tv and got the lets get started screen but can't go any further? the remote light is blinking like the remote is set up, but won't do anything when pushing any buttons on it?

0 Kudos
Beezer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replys, I un hooked, reinstalled and started over and finally got it set up and working' 

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos