Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_ne
Level 7

Re: No TV input option under settings

Jump to solution

I also don't have a "TV input" and I'm trying to get to the HDMI channel, please help I'm so frustrated right now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Linda_ne

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

Jump to solution

Your TV remote will have some sort of capability to change inputs. Search through the HDMI options. There's probably a button on the back of the tv as well.

0 Kudos
jettlag80
Level 7

Jump to solution

There is NO input options at all under the settings menu. How do I find this?? It says to go under settings to find it but when I do, there are no options 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

And do you have a true Roku tv? Or just a Roku streamer?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jettlag80
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku tv. When I bought the tv it only came with the Roku remote and there is no input button. The tv used to have the input options on the homescreen but after an update I had recently it has disappeared and I can’t find it anywhere. There are no tv options in the settings menu either 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jettlag80

Thanks for the post.

The Roku TV remote will not have an input button on the remote as the TV inputs will be selectable on the Home screen. If you do not see external devices that are currently connected to your Roku TV, you can check Settings > TV Inputs to see if you can add them to your Home screen.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@jettlag80 wrote:

I have a Roku tv. When I bought the tv it only came with the Roku remote and there is no input button. The tv used to have the input options on the homescreen but after an update I had recently it has disappeared and I can’t find it anywhere. There are no tv options in the settings menu either 

Do you have Roku soundbar or Roku streambar connected to your Roku tv? Because it sounds like you're on the soundbar roku home screen or streambar home screen and not the Roku tv home screen. The Roku tv home screen is the only one that will have input tiles on the home screen. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
mrozos50
Level 7

Jump to solution

That is my exact problem. When I installed the streambar pro and uploaded 10.5.0 software I lost my input icons. I can't get to my antenna stations. Any resolution?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@mrozos50, did you read @Tivoburkee 's post right above yours?  Press Home on your TV's remote and you'll see the input icons.

0 Kudos