Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Sound when using Roku.

I have the Roku Ultra 4640.

I am using a AT&T UVERSE cable box with my Samsung Smart TV and an Onkyo Stereo. I get a clear picture when I turn on Roku but I don't get sound from the program. I only receive the TV sound from the cable station which does not correspond to the ROKU program. I have switched the HDMI Cables. I tried doing the same with my Amazon Firestick and have the same exact problem. I am checking the source on both my TV and Stereo so that is not a problem because I get a clear picture.

I tried turning the power off and on, switching HDMI cables, using different HDMI ports on my TV to no avail.  Please send me a schematic diagram of how I should be connecting all cables with my AT&T UVERSE cable box, my surround sound Stereo and my Samsung Smart TV.  

1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No Sound when using Roku.

@vluongo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to set up your Roku device with an AVR component, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® streaming player for surround sound?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos