Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Roku express display after first night, No signal

Yesterday I set up Roku express on an Element smart tv (maybe 2 yrs old). Seemed to work last night, updated, and I even watched some YouTube.

Today, when I turn on Element smart tv, I get black screen - it reads "NO SIGNAL, press 'Source' to check your source.".   I pressed the home button of my Roku remote, and got no response from the system. I checked all the cords, everything is still connected as it was last night. I selected the correct HDMI input on tv.

Unlike another post, I do NOT have any blinking white lights.  The light on my Express unit DOES BLINK when I press buttons on its remote

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No Roku express display after first night, No signal

How is the roku powered? By tv usb port or plugged directly into a wall outlet? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've tried to power with the wall and the USB. Same result for each.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jsparrish7 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried plugging the device into another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device? Have you also tried powering your device with another cable and power adapter to see if that resolves your issue?

If you are still experiencing issues, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny, I did try a different HDMI port on the Element smart TV, no change.  I don't have a diff HDMI cord to try.  I did get a flicker of the Roku home screen today-- I had changed the Express power source from my tv's USB to the wall block then hit "OK" on the Roku remote -for milliseconds the tv screen went from "no source" to "ROKU" then back.  Additional taps or holding of the OK button did NOT repeat the flicker. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jsparrish7 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to pass along your concerns to our Support team who will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos