Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No On Screen set up for new Roku Express

Have followed the setup instructions that come with the #Roku express I bought today.  I already have a Roku TV that works great in the living room and bought the express to use in my bedroom.  I already have a Roku account.  when I turn on my TV, it asks if my HMDI is connected to my PC which it is not.  the Roku should be wireless.  I do not get any Roku recognition, no onscreen setup.  Double and triple checked, my TV only has one HDMI connection and all the connections are secure.  The TV itself is not wireless but it shouldn't have to be.  I can't get to the part where you enter your email address and get an activation code, I am stumped...any help out there?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No On Screen set up for new Roku Express

The Roku does not connect to the TV wirelessly. It requires the HDMI cable connected between the Roku and the TV. 

Assuming you have the Roku connected via HDMI correctly, do you see the dancing Roku logo when you first power the Express on? If not, there's either something wrong with the TV input or the Roku is defective. Can you plug it into your Roku TV and test it there? There's no problem using a Roku player on a Roku TV, other than needing to make sure you're using the correct remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos