Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hwayoung
Level 7

No Link code, need email?

Link code was not displayed when first set up.
I just made an account just because Roku Tv write down the email.

Where can I find the link code?
It didn't find when I first set up
I tried factory setting up , but couldn't find the link code

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Link code

When you set it up did it ask you to enter your email address on the TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hwayoung
Level 7

On TV, it was told to put in only the email, so I made an account. There was no link code in the process.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

If your roku asks for an email address, then it sends an email with a link to that email address. Check your spam folder.

Previously, Rokus would display link codes directly (no email) but some people would enter them in the wrong way and end up at some scam site.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Hwayoung 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For further clarification, when activating a Roku device you may not be given a link code as before. Instead, you will be prompted to enter your Roku account email address (if you don't already have a Roku account, we would recommend creating one before setting up a new device). Once you have entered your Roku account email address, an activation link will be sent to that email to finish the activation process.

For a more detailed summary of the activation process, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos