Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeff
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Has this been resolved? I've tried everything that I've read and nothing works. No response from Roku

0 Kudos
BrianM

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

ROKU Ultra

I own multiple other ROKU units.  I just bought this one.

I have looked thru spam

I have unplugged

I have factory reset

I have tried an alternate email

Still no joy.

Suggestions

0 Kudos
Jefwhy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all suggestions to receive email for activations! Setup for Roku premier.

i have existing account that I am considering to close, no online support to assist.  This blog does not help.

what happened to the code that came with the setup; where I would login and link my device from the Roku site?

this is ridiculous

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I haven't set up a device with this new email activation, but is there ever an option during the process to get a code instead of using email?  I think they're trying to eliminate the code setup option because so many people don't know how this new-fangled interweb thing works and just keep getting scammed.  If you can ever get it to display a code, you'd go here:

https://my.roku.com/link

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jefwhy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no other option but email.  I request code via email and wait, let others email never arrives.  I wish I could get a code.

0 Kudos
Zeff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done this multiple times and the same result - no activation code. Returning the product - this shouldn't be this hard. 

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Looks like they went to a model where you enter the email address on the device where you would normally see link code.  These are pretty basic suggestions but always good to start from bottom up:

- the email is spelled correctly at entry on device?

- you checked your spam or other filter folders?

- searched for an email from Roku?

0 Kudos
Jefwhy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes on all three questions, can someone from Roku manually  link the device to my account?  Otherwise, how do I get an RMA to return the device.

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No other ideas.  It should not be this hard but have you tried another email address?  Out of curiosity I reset a device and following the new process able to get the email.  Not sure why you are not getting it but mechanism seems to work.

email.jpg

0 Kudos
DonL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried over and over, with factor resets.  I still get no email for activation on my device.  Interestingly, I got the exact same model about two weeks ago, and it activated fine.  I followed the suggested instructions and it does not work.  What does one do in this situation?  Will you take it back and send me another one (I bought it on-line directly from ROKU)?

0 Kudos