Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

@Blood2976 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to activate your Roku device, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blood2976
Reel Rookie

I got it.  The 1st device activation code took 30 minutes to send.  2nd device took 45 minutes to send and the 3rd took 10 minutes to send.

0 Kudos
bertvali01

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

I just reviewed my account and made changes which it accepted but for my email said not correct. I have had same email for years why won'T it accept it.

0 Kudos
me_little_me
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

@bertvali01 wrote:

I just reviewed my account and made changes which it accepted but for my email said not correct. I have had same email for years why won'T it accept it.

So you had a valid email address and it worked on Roku and you are changing it to another email address that you have used before elsewhere but not on Roku? Could you expand on your issue?

0 Kudos
CherylH777

Entering email address to obtain link to activate

Jump to solution

I am trying to install and activate a brand new Roku Express that has been sitting on my shelf for a year or more. I have already set up an account online. However, when setting up my Roku on my TV, everything has gone smoothly until it asks me to enter my email address so it can send me a link to finish activating. There is NO keyboard or any way that I can find to enter my email address! There is only the instructions to do so and a field where I should enter it, but absolutely no way to do so. And none of the arrows on my remote take me anywhere, not even to that empty field. Does anyone know what I can do? Is it just defective?  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Entering email address to obtain link to activate

Jump to solution

I have yet to see the email activation method, but an onscreen keyboard should pop up.  I would have thought the arrows would do something.  Did you try OK or the * button?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jammac

Jump to solution

So this never works and it seems like a lot of ppl are having this issue. Any other way to get an activation code???

0 Kudos
texgrl

Re: No activation code comes to my email - Tried all your recommendations

Jump to solution

I am setting up my ROKU SE for the first time and it does not send me the activation code.
I have powered it down and re-entered the email address.  No email. 
I have done a factory reset and re-entered the email address. No email. 
I have checked junk and spam folders. No email. 
I had sent email to myself off a work account, and my email is properly receiving mail. 

Please help.  I don't want to return the Roku. I want it to work. 

0 Kudos
texgrl

Jump to solution

None of your suggestions work. 

There has to be a better answer to this. 

0 Kudos
seymore
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

I cannot get stick + to activate with my email 

0 Kudos