Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

@DonL 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried checking in your Spam folder as well as doing a search in your email? Customers have reported finding the activation email when performing those steps. We would also recommend trying to send the activation information to an alternate email address, the activation email link does not have to be sent to your Roku account email address.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
me_little_me
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

After I told support I was going to send a letter, they finally communicated with me and we found a solution.

The problem, of course, is that they don't accept certain email addresses. The one I use is a disposable one from a security site. What I had to do was to change the email address in my account to one their site would accept, use that to set up the Roku, then change the email back to the disposable one.

That works apparently because they can communicate to the disposable address but won't accept it for setting up the Roku. I can understand that if I was opening a new account and using a "suspicious" email, they might not accept that but that address had already been the one I used for them for a couple of years so it doesn't make sense to me. But, in any case, I did get it working.

There are other sites that don't seem to like such addresses. In those case what always works is to create the account with a different email then verify that email when they send the verification. Then go into my account and change the email to the disposal one. Either they will accept it without verification or automatically send the verification check to that disposable email and my reply to it works.

Bizzy71

Re: No Link Code Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

My friend have me her roku, how.do I switch to my name and account?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bizzy71 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will need to perform a factory reset on your device to change the account on the Roku device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kbuth

Jump to solution

Tried 2 different email accounts.  Nothing.  Going right back to the store

0 Kudos
Kbuth

Jump to solution

Got my badge email though.  Embarrassing!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kbuth 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kac533

No activation link

Jump to solution

Please help as I’m losing my mind.  Trying to activate Roku express and half time it won’t send link, when it does I go thru al the steps but it never gives me a code and throughout all this it keeps saying it’s lost it’s connection.  I’m losing my mind!  Can someone please respond with a way that we can talk? There are just Too many variables to keep typing everything.

0 Kudos
Whodey17

Set up activation link

Jump to solution

I am not getting a link on my tv to use with my email to set up the activation. Says link was sent to my email but I need the number to put in to verify

0 Kudos
tmustang73
Reel Rookie

Activation issue with ROKU PREMIERE

Jump to solution

I went thru the install steps, received the activation email, click on it and fill out all the info I was prompted for and now all I see is a message on my TV stating "Please change computer's screen resolution" Pressing the home key on the remote doesn't appear to work. Help

0 Kudos