Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I've sent this over to our team and they are actively investigating the issue. 

In the meantime, you can try entering your email again, and a subsequent activation email may provide a valid link code.

Please stand by, I'll provide further updates as soon as we hear more. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Gotten through to set up the account and such but then it wanted us to reenter the email to receive the link again.. .. wow... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for your patience here. If anyone is still experiencing the issue, please disconnect your device from power for a moment to restart it, then go try going through the setup process once more.

(You may also need to try performing a factory reset. See the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-)

This should allow you to get your device set up using the standard link-code method. See more information about how to link your device here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Setup-Help-Getting-Started-with-Your-Roku...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No Link Code Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

I  have since pulled my Roku and replaced with FireStick 4k. However, I was determined to get this stupid code, or use the Roku for target practice! Smiley Happy As most, I reset it, did all the obvious. No good. However I did get the thing to send me a code. I set it up for network connectivity, updated the firmware, reboot. I should state that I already did the firmware update before, successfully. It seems though that to get the code access part, even if there is no firmware to update, the Roku needs to check it off its punch list to operate properly. Then I did a factory reset. Re-configure the network, and I was able to get a code. It is a process not worth the time, or effort. As I stated, I got it to send the code thing, but I already replaced with Firestick, and am much happier with the Firestick actually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Really, there are months of posts for this exact issue. And per your post you are just now actively pursuing a resolve. That is customer service no one should have to deal with. There is a glitch in this process. It needed fixed, and dropped from the flow chart. Roku is headed the same path as Blackberry as far as being antiquated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution absolutely does not work!! Why can’t I just sign in with my account to start using the Roku? I currently have 4 Roku devices and never had this issue. 

I never get sent an activation code and there is no bypass. I’ve reset and re tried this several times. I enter my email (yes it’s correct) and no activation email comes. 

I already have a Roku account but it does not let me enter it. This is dumb.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

New Roku Customer here, no activiation link email, followed Tanner's advice, still no email with link to activate my Roku Premiere.  I'll check back for a solution, going back for a refund in a few days otherwise.  Clunky out of the box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@JCEllis @Instonejoe Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you're running into. A few quick questions to confirm some information: 

- Were you able to check all your filters and junk/spam folders to ensure no messages were getting intercepted from your inbox? 

- Did you try using a different email address to see if you were able to receive the message? 

If you are still running into the issue, and have tried the steps mentioned above, please send me a private message with the email address you are trying to enter in order to link your device, along with the Device ID printed on your device. I'll assist you further from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Having to same issue here. I don't see an answer here. Did everyone just return their Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Just keep repeating the steps.  After several no emails and emails arriving too late (code expired), I finally got one in time to activate the roku.

0 Kudos