Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to set up new device with email activation

Jump to solution

Problem is, some of us are only six months into our warranty for a unit that worked initially but the replacement units do not function. What are we to do?

Today, I noticed something odd. I tried to change my Roku PIN and used the e-mail method. Roku cannot even send me the e-mail to me from Mother Roku! I have an Earthlink account and all e-mail is resident on the Earthlink host site. EVERY piece of spam and suspected spam gets filed for review. NOTHING in this file is from Roku. This appears to be confirmation that the entire issue lies with Mother Roku. Something in their e-mail handling will not send messages to certain e-mail domains. I get scores of e-mails every day at all my e-mail addresses on Earthlink. But, for some reason, Roku cannot get messages to me.

There you go.

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Hoping I can kick this to the top of the support bucket.

I did get a thank you email for subscribing to a 7-day trial of AMC+ but no activation email!

So, I'm on the hook for this 7-day trial and beyond, but in the meantime I have no access to my account! I tried the trick of changing my password and the response is that there is no email account affiliated with the password.  And, no live customer service to help although the web page states that this is available.  

HELP!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KarenNDkitchen, did you call Roku support at 816-272-8106?  Choose option 2.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No. After I figured out Roku and any Earthlink address was incompatible, I created another e-mail on another hosting platform and got it to work. Now, my new Roku Ultra keeps asking me to power it down and unplug the HDMI cables to allow it to operate. I am done with Roku. Their products are poorly engineered, cheaply manufactured, and totally unreliable.

Goodbye.

cjgiam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. The issue is with their new activation algorithm, which they refuse to acknowledge.

The old browser activation worked fine. If they had issues with hacking, they should have resolved that, not just switch to an obviously untested, unproved disastrous email activation as this bulletin board has been proving since it's inception.

Back & forth on this BB, with customer service, changing emails should NOT have to be. This is not brain surgery, it's a simple transmission of a code.

I've given up & bought Apple TV (which activated 1st try in under 3 minutes) & although I'll continue using the 3 legacy devices until they die, there will be no new Roku's & I will be asking for a refund on these two paperweights.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am try to set up my roku and I am at the point where I put my email in and I have not received an email and I have tried several time I even went back to factory setting and started over and still having the same problem 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Jmedlin1213

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Tried to do the suggestion you gave to receive the activation email and still have had no luck please help

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Device id;c437ae411900 sku#3900rw lot#2189025281 I am unable to receive the email for account activation link PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Which one is the serial number the device I'd or the skul or lot

0 Kudos