Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff257
Reel Rookie

Re: Not sending activation email

Jump to solution

Just set up 2 of them.  Server is back up.

0 Kudos
noreen123
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

i had same issueus, brand new roku tv and no email ever came, so i returned the tv for another, same thing happened. tried 2 different emails. a friend came over and put his email in and he got the code instantly, i have a roku stick and account but now my tv has to run off someone elses account

0 Kudos
Dano1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You must set up a Ruku account online first so you can link your device to it.

https://support.roku.com/article/235180868

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

When inputting an email to retrieve an activation link, please make sure to use the email that is linked to your Roku account.

Please be aware that customer have said that the email may take anywhere between a couple of minutes to hours before they receive the email.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kyrarainnn

Jump to solution

Hello. I have not got an activation email. I need help please. I don’t know how to PM you 

0 Kudos
Dano1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you first set up an online account with Ruku? Once you do that then when you type in your same email as your account on the TV you may have to wait up to an hour to get the email notice from Ruku to complete your activation.  I'm new to this myself I just activated mine 10 days ago.

0 Kudos
Tina72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That might be the issue....I set up the Roku account after I started the setup of the device. I did a factory reset and everything else they suggest and tried many more times and still no emailed link. 

0 Kudos
Tina72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So are we out of luck if we did the process out of order? Or is there a remedy?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You should be able to just start over.  Find the reset button which may be behind a pinhole requiring a paperclip or something similar to press.  With the power connected, press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything appearing onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bagoomba
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I chatted with support and they told me it was a problem with my browser. 😕

0 Kudos