Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I've sent this over to our team and they are actively investigating the issue. 

In the meantime, you can try entering your email again, and a subsequent activation email may provide a valid link code.

Please stand by, I'll provide further updates as soon as we hear more. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Spookyone

Jump to solution

Gotten through to set up the account and such but then it wanted us to reenter the email to receive the link again.. .. wow... 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your patience here. If anyone is still experiencing the issue, please disconnect your device from power for a moment to restart it, then go try going through the setup process once more.

(You may also need to try performing a factory reset. See the steps for this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-)

This should allow you to get your device set up using the standard link-code method. See more information about how to link your device here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Setup-Help-Getting-Started-with-Your-Roku...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
bdklar
Channel Surfer

Re: No Link Code Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

I  have since pulled my Roku and replaced with FireStick 4k. However, I was determined to get this stupid code, or use the Roku for target practice! 🙂 As most, I reset it, did all the obvious. No good. However I did get the thing to send me a code. I set it up for network connectivity, updated the firmware, reboot. I should state that I already did the firmware update before, successfully. It seems though that to get the code access part, even if there is no firmware to update, the Roku needs to check it off its punch list to operate properly. Then I did a factory reset. Re-configure the network, and I was able to get a code. It is a process not worth the time, or effort. As I stated, I got it to send the code thing, but I already replaced with Firestick, and am much happier with the Firestick actually.

bdklar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Really, there are months of posts for this exact issue. And per your post you are just now actively pursuing a resolve. That is customer service no one should have to deal with. There is a glitch in this process. It needed fixed, and dropped from the flow chart. Roku is headed the same path as Blackberry as far as being antiquated.

me_little_me
Channel Surfer

ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

Fourth Roku. Others are fine. Tried to enter email address in Roku to activate it. Device said it was not working "the email address is not working".  Note connection is good as device had just updated itself. I tried 4 separate times to enter the email using a smartphone picture of my login which works on my computer then holding up smartphone to TV screen to verify it.

Can't proceed without being able to enter the address.

Tags (1)
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

Do a factory reset of the Roku, with it powered on, there should be reset button or pinhole, depress for longer then 30 seconds. Since it wasn't attached to your account already you won't have to re-input your credentials for a second time, since they weren't there in the first place. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
me_little_me
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried the reset. Entered everything all over again. Didn't help. Hung up on same place.

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Do a factory reset of the Roku, with it powered on, there should be reset button or pinhole, depress for longer then 30 seconds. Since it wasn't attached to your account already you won't have to re-input your credentials for a second time, since they weren't there in the first place. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Entered what all again? After a reset you're on the language screen, then you have to enter internet network and password, if you can't get past this point you really haven't entered a thing. What is the model name and number of roku? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
me_little_me
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You have to do a lot more than just enter the PW.

It's a stick plus.

You have to sync the remote, verify the display, check that it can change TV volume, put in wi-fi password and verify connection AGAIN.

THEN you can re-enter the email address.

I already own three others of these. I've done it all before.

Remember, it hangs on the entering of the email address. Wish I could easily upload a pic but I have one of the TV showing the email with the message and one of my email right from my account. (I would of course "scribble" them out but they exactly match.

0 Kudos