Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilD

Not receiving an activation email

Jump to solution

stuck here in the same loop as everyone else with my new roku tv.. have rebooted tv and tried 2 different email addresses but it will not send an activation email...

next step.. ??  for me it will be return the useless item and buy an xbox to connect my old tv to netflix.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Activation process

Jump to solution

@NeilD

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bibbi

Re: Activation process

Jump to solution

Bought new tv today and ROKU will not send email to my address. Have tried factory restart several times. Will return to walmart tomorrow and never buy a **bleep** Roku anything again. 

0 Kudos
Fire41108
Reel Rookie

Re: No activation code on screen or email

Jump to solution

trying to activate a new device but I am not getting a code sent to me 

0 Kudos
zandor57

Re: Unable to set up new device with email activation

Jump to solution

Screen says:

Activate your ROKU player

Enter your email address to get activation link and start streaming

Already have a roku account enter email you used to set-up account

At this point screen appears to be locked uo cursor will not move to enter email address bar

0 Kudos

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

My tv isn’t accepting any email addresses, either. What should we do? 

0 Kudos
CeeHarm
Reel Rookie

Not receiving activation email

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Last night, the Roku channel tiles were not loading.  Following advice online, I performed a factory reset on the device (Roku Express).  Following the factory reset, I proceeded through the setup and entered my email address (already have an active Roku account).  No activation email was ever received.  I have tried multiple resets and rebooted our wifi service but have yet to receive a single account activation email.  I tried a second email address and the activation email came, but there was no option to associate with the existing email address.

I noticed that this issue seems to be commonplace, but am frustrated because I want to (re)activate the device to work with our active account, not use a second email address and hence create a second account.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No activation code on screen or email

Jump to solution

Hi @Fire41108,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having an issue getting an email activation code.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ...
If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number/ device id found on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue, and please include any error message. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

Hello @theloganteam

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're experiencing? Are you getting any error messages?

You can try following the troubleshooting steps on this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device?

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deagle1

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner - I've tried everything listed to activate my Roku Premiere to my account but never get an email.   Can I private message you my email and device ID for help?

0 Kudos