Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Hello @Glennthecat

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Roshanlobo

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache & cookies? If so and the issue persists, reply here with the information I asked in my recent post above. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Charris911

Jump to solution

The support link does not seem to work. I’m stuck…

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Charris911

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue receiving an email for your device activation, have you tried using another email address?
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bpaul
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku account and an activated streamer. I purchased a second Roku 3820R.

Today I set it up and tried to activate it with the valid email address in my existing account.

Tried several times to get an activation email, nothing.

If I do as suggested, using a different email, am I setting up a second new account?

How would I then link the two devices to the same account later?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bpaul, yes - if you use a new email address you'll be setting up a new account and there's no way to link or combine two accounts.  You may be able to change the email address on your existing account before you try to link the new device.  I'm sure you've done this, but make sure you check your junk/spam folder if you're not getting the "we're unable to reach you" message on your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bpaul
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm all set with the existing email address.

I kept trying the activation every 30 minutes and eventually the last activation email came in promptly.

All the rest came in hours later.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This link did nothing. There is no article to answer our questions and the phone number for customer service never answers 

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi All. 

Several months ago, when activating a new Roku with an existing account, it took about two hours for the activation link email to show up in my outlook email.

Yesterday, I activated another new Roku with the same existing outlook account and the email showed up in less than a minute.

I was hoping Roku identified the root cause and fixed the problem.  Unfortunately, judging by the previous post, the 'no activation email' problem still exists.....

0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

So my device is a Roku Express SKU# 3930EU with a serial number of S01V313WJA2P

I am still, after doing every single step in your reply to others, not receiving the activation email. 
And just to add I was a telecoms engineer up until 6 years ago so I know what I’m talking about. And very tech savvy!!

Neil

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos