Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamamechie
Channel Surfer

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Absolutely the truth! I have 3 Roku devices and replied in this thread when I had so much trouble activating my 3rd one. Fortunately, it only took 5 hours for the code to finally come through, but that's still not acceptable. My oldest unit needs to be upgraded but I'm hesitant to replace it with another Roku for this reason. I'm actually looking into a Fire Stick although not my first choice.

0 Kudos
cjgiam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Kariza, Thank you for your statement.

I've been trying to tell them that for the last several months.

It's as if they have no IT people anymore & attempting to get them to fix this, is like talking to a wall.

0 Kudos
Ujeen

Jump to solution

Same here, bought a brand new TCL Roku tv and no email is being sent when trying to activate it.

But we get what we pay for right ?  I guess we should not expect it to work flawlessly for these money.

bb_falco

Jump to solution

The problem is my neighbor, Carolyn Wilson purchased a Roku Express 4K and when I attempted to assist her in setting up the Roku on her TV we ran into a problem.  Her internet email service is thru her phone/internet provider and for some reason she will NOT get any email's the same day they are sent.  If you send her an email on Monday she will get it on Tuesday.  Therefore the 30 minute activation thing will NOT work for her.  Do we have any other options?  

cac303
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Notice that support has gone completely quiet and won't respond. They will wait another week or two until someone else post and then ask them if they have factory reset their device and to send them the serial number. This thread has gone terminal. They won't fix this in a time frame that any of us care about.  

Bambi8Dad
Reel Rookie

No email Never So No Activation Code Never

Jump to solution

Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I've set up my Roku, yesterday, 29/8/21, and I'm still waiting for the email with my Activation code. STILL nothing. When I go back to the Roku screen I can't even go back! The Roku screen is locked on "enter email address"! I've got a Roku account AND I've been ALL OVER this website trying to find the, A!, solution. I've watched the videos provided and I did NOT see the screen page that shows an "Activation code" for me to enter and Submit. This is as far as I've got and I'm getting really, REALLY frustrated and fed up with this piece of cr"p and website where you go round and round and round in circles! I'm at my wits end. What can I do?! They don't even have a phone number for a help line. Now THAT is stingy and UNprofessional and just plain nasty. I hope someone can help me!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email Never So No Activation Code Never

Jump to solution

@Bambi8Dad

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bambi8Dad
Reel Rookie

Re: No email Never So No Activation Code Never

Jump to solution

Hello, Danny,

Thanks for replying. I finally figured it out and feelin' sheepish about it too.

It's simple when you know how!

Regards,

Maria.

0 Kudos
timbanse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tried to activate my roku 4K +.

What a nightmare with this my third Roku.

First it booted in German. Good luck activating if you don't speak German, which I don't.

Through guess and by golly, RESET, I swapped it over to English.

got all the way through to entering my email, the same email as the previous two and it never sent the activation code. tried again several times over 24 hours. No good.

Tried entering a different email address. same thing. no joy.

add roku.com to safe sender in the email programs. no good.

tried all of Danny's suggestions. no good.

I am feeling angry and frustrated, this is obviously a Roku glitch as evidenced by the many, many complaints about this malady in the community.

Biting my tongue

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@timbanse

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos