Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

I can't believe Roku has not empowered their frontline customer care with the ability to add a device to the account via serial number/mac/device number.

I have many roku devices, and yes I know how to check junk/spam/other/inbox etc... I'm not one of those people.

I just bought a new roku tv from the store since a family member just went through surgery and will be bed ridden for a few days. Now I have this brand new brick with a screen on it and I'm sitting here talking with customer care that can't do anything to help me but say "we'll let you know". Insane.

cjgiam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has been going on for nearly a year now. Apparently they have no IT department anymore.

I've had to switch my new TV to Apple TV & I now have 2 paper weights.

0 Kudos
mjhill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted this same concern a few days ago when I received my new Roku Express. It took a couple days but I'm happy to say that @RokuKariza-D (Roku Employee) responded and hooked me up with support. I just left the screen on (TV off) with the message to look for link (that never came) and then magically it finally showed a  "resend" option that sent the activation. Now I'm functional! 

Good luck! 

dalb3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks man! I hope he can help me. Frontline support basically made me felt hopeless that it cannot be done manually, and I wasn't even given a 24hr ETA or anything.

@RokuKariza-D

If you can help me my SN is YK00UU221195 this is a new rokutv, and this is the same roku account I've used for 10yr+

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. Just was a bit peeved since trying to help fam with some entertainment post-surgery. 

0 Kudos
Abbie

Jump to solution

Please help me! Not sending an activation code! 5 roku TVs and none work

0 Kudos
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

24hr later, no word back from roku

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Five?!

Wow.  Unless you have your heart set on getting these to work, I'd send them back.  If everyone did this, Roku would get the message very quickly.  Or better yet, exchange them.  Soon enough the retailer might get involved, too.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dalb3

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Since you're in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Abbie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend starting with performing a factory reset on the affected Roku TVs then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku TVs. It consists of 12 alphanumeric characters and can be located at the back of the device itself or on the box.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dalb3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

I just spent 20min on hold, and we did all the steps over again. I spoke with a middle eastern gentlemen named "Doug"? He had me go through all the steps again that I've done 10+ times and the situation is the same. He said the first time I reached out to them (2 days ago) that my issue was not passed on for investigation, and he will document this. I was mid-sentence asking a question and the call disconnected like he hung up on me.

Roku support has been extremely unhelpful and unprofessional. 

It's been 2 days with no improvement, I need you to escalate this.

0 Kudos