Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Amazing. New Roku Ultra replacement (after 6 mo old Ultra failed) would not send e-mail. Support tried everything and ultimately I sent it back to get a new one. That one arrived: Same Problem.

Meanwhile, I buy a new Roku Streaming Stick Plus for my living room and have the same issue. Never get the e-mail. Never shows up in spam folder or regular e-mail box.

There is a glaring problem with the initial boot set-up software as it does not allow for the user to initiate a pairing triggered off Roku.com. When the new Roku is awaiting that e-mail confirmation code, it is in the stupid mode and no code will show up on the TV. This needs to be fixed. There needs to be a firmware upgrade to allow people to activate their Roku devices directly from Roku first, before doing the set-up routine. Or to bail from the set-up and do a "reverse activation," i.e. one that is Roku sending a code to be entered in the device.

I have spent literally MONTHS with Roku support and this problem is a deal breaker. Unless you can offer a solution, I am going to have to go elsewhere for my streaming devices... (I have two other Rokus and they work fine. They newer ones do NOT.)

I have gone into my Roku account and deleted and re-entered my e-mail address to try and get it to work. No luck.

dhend883

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I have tried EVERY suggestion from the help page. I have been trying for DAYS. The activation emails are not being delivered. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE. 

CCRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried every suggested Roku support suggestion at least five times. I returned my Ultra for this issue and the new replacement is doing the same thing. Now, I have a different new Roku Streaming Stick that is doing the exact same thing. The problem is not with this user but with the Roku support/account software that is not responding to the Roku device demand for an e-mail with the activation code. I see this issue has been ongoing for a year. Has Roku lost all it's tech/support/troubleshooter people? My case proves it is not device specific. I would bet the problem resides in the Roku activation system inside Roku.com.

I guess I will have to send my Roku back. After trying to get three new Roku's setup, I give up.

CCRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku is seriously AFU.

In accordance with the help page suggested, I entered an alternate e-mail address in the set-up window on the two Roku devices I am trying to get working. Roku advises me that the alternate e-mail is "not working." Huh? I have gotten a dozen e-mails at that address today. Roku is the only entity unable to access it.

After spending the last four months with three separate Roku devices, attempting to get them to send the e-mail for activation, it is plainly apparent to me that the issue is not with us out in our homes but rather at Roku. Something in your Roku.com/activation software is failing to send these e-mails. This renders our devices inoperative.

Additionally, any device which has not been successfully activated is incapable of being activated by a direct request via Roku.com/support "Activate Your Device" because the screen is frozen with Roku set-up images. This is a massive design defect that would save users by allowing an alternative set-up path via back-door from Roku.

Sorry Danny but, after trying everything I can think of repeatedly and trying all the suggested Roku tech suggestions several dozen times with no success, I actually deleted my entire Roku account and tried to create a new account but it identified my e-mail address as attached to my formerly open account. It now appears the account is still active. What part of CLOSE ACCOUNT doesn't work at Roku?

You guys have major MAJOR problems that all your tech suggestions fail to resolve.

ritadigest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's clear from this thread that Roku is having an issue sending activation emails and is not acknowledging that. Instead, you ask users to waste time resetting their devices and such. Why can't you admit the issue is with Roku?

I am also not getting the activation email. It is not going to spam. I've also not gotten an email from Roku when I set up my account with them. Others have no problem sending to my email account. In fact, Amazon Prime just sent me an email there. As many on this thread have pointed out, the issue is with Roku.

Admit you are the problem and not the users. Stop wasting our time asking us to take steps you know will not fix anything. And fix the problem.

How about the method Netflix and Amazon and others use. Present an activation code from the Roku device and have us type that in via the link that already exists when logged into our Roku account?

dougkkkkk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It appears ROKU is going out of business; therefore there is no customer support. I would suggest if anyone is having the problem of no activation email being received it is logical to return the item to the purchasing store and move onto possibly a google product.

0 Kudos
dougkkkkk
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to set up new device with email activation

Jump to solution

ROKU is in the process of going out of business. Best to stop purchasing any of their devices. Just the fact they are not attempting to fix the problem of activation emails proves, they are having a big problem and appear not to give a hoot about their customer. Time to move on there are plenty of other options.

0 Kudos
CCRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku is going out of business? Nothing I could find supports that assertion. Any links?

0 Kudos
dougkkkkk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do you see any satisfied customers or answer to the problems? NOPE. Must mean they are going out of business. But don't take my assertion, just find answers to the questions...there are none.

0 Kudos
TRIAC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree with dougkkkkk .

When unable to activate your Roku, just return it.  This will get the attention of the suits and something will be done.  Money talks.

I have a number of Rokus' from over the years and this was this first time I had problems with activation.  It used to be easy-peasy and quick.

0 Kudos