Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.  If you are not receiving the email to activate your Roku device during setup, we would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: 'How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device'

If you still encounter issues after following the steps in our Support article, some additional things to try are as follows:
  • try a different network, such as a mobile hotspot
  • if you use a web based email, try checking for the Roku email using a different browser or in incognito/private mode
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread.  Thanks again for your continued patience.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to set up new device with email activation

Jump to solution

Hi @zandor57,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to complete the activation process.

Have you tried the solution that was previously posted? Please try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ...

If you are unable to resolve the issue, provide the serial number/device id found in the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please let me know how it goes!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
GeorgeH1

Re: Unable to set up new device with email activation

Jump to solution

I am amazed that this thread is over a year old and people are still experiencing the same issues.

I have several Roku devices that were activated with no issue some time ago. I recently purchased a streaming stick+ and cannot activate it after using several different emails, a factory reset, etc. I even chatted with online support to no avail.

I am returning the device. There are plenty of other options on the market. 

Roku, you had a good product. I suggest you resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

Regards,

George

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous. I havent been able to use my tv in weeks because your system wont accept my email.  fix it. 

seedym
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, this has been a problem for more than a year? We have three active Rokus (as well as a number of retired devices). Activation was never a problem. But the Streaming Stick+ I just bought directly from Roku is not sending any emails. Engaged chat who had me repeat everything I'd already tried. What's most surprising is that Roku allows just a single method for this very important function. No online, no SMS, no manual activation. That it's gone on this long is pathetic. 

Billjohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Verified network connectivity, verified internet connectivity, verified correct email address, verified account at Roku website. Verified account password at Roku website. Checked email filters to include SPAM and nothing has been rerouted.    This is a JVC/Roku tv, so it is unusable until I get past the activation link screen. HELP!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience and that's not what we aim for.

If you are unable to resolve the issue after following all the solutions that were previously posted, kindly provide the serial number/device id found in the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Billjohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, but unfortunately I needed to have the tv up and running right away. I ended up returning it to the store and purchasing another model. I still use a stick on another tv in the house, but I couldn’t justify having tv that depends on a service with only a single way to activate it and not have 24/7 support.

0 Kudos
Corson

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Im helping my neighbor with his second device and still not getting the activation email. Returned first one for refund after hours on chat and promise of response that never happened. Can you help him?

ptrbrown
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Every day it's the same thing; People aren't getting emailed the code to activate their Roku.

I've never had that issue with any other business. How hard can it be to fix it?