Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activation email

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R has asked that if you have this problem to send him a private message (not here in the public side) with your account information and he can investigate. There has been a few reports of the email not being sent recently, so they want to get it fixed ASAP. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The bad news: Many of us have sent a PM as instructed regarding failure to receive an activation email — only to learn customer support is tied up with similar complaints and may not be able to help right away. For those of us up against a hard limit on how long a retailer gives us to return a ROKU that we can't activate, it may not be ideal to get in line.

Here's the good news: Somebody stumbled on a workaround, which did the trick for me after three weeks of activation failures. If you go back to p. 21 and look at my post, the steps are listed.

0 Kudos
Ronniemckinney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried your workaround but unfortunately, I never got the activate via link message. I just got a try again and a check network settings option. I guess I’m stuck waiting for someone to respond to the private message I’ve already sent. 

0 Kudos
RichD
Reel Rookie

ROKU sends activation link that is blank. Setup fails

Jump to solution

After countless attempts to activate my new Roku I'm about ready to just return it and go for APPLE TV. The Roku sends an email to activate the device but when I click on the link..... BLANK EMAIL and the Roku never continues.. Tried on a Desktop computer and i get "BAD PAGE" error. It does not give me the option to set up with an existing account or anything.. So I'm stuck with a really frustrating Roku Streamer.. Oh and don't even think about changing your email address or anything because that doesn't work either..

0 Kudos

Re: Activation

Jump to solution

Danny, 

I have been having this issue. I am receiving the e-mail and clicking the link. I go through the entire set up and link it to my current account. Under my current account I am able to see it Ponline/available but then the ROKU resets and I can't get past the screen where it tells me AGAIN to activate. I am getting extremely frustrated. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU sends activation link that is blank. Setup fails

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to retrieve an activation email to finish activating your Roku device, if you have not already, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass along the information to our Support team who will be able to assist you further.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronniemckinney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What’s the average wait time for a response from your support team?  I sent a private message on either Monday or Tuesday and I still haven’t heard back from anyone. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ronniemckinney 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to every customer that is experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Get a link code on a Roku TV i already have been using

Jump to solution

need link code send

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Get a link code on a Roku TV i already have been using

Jump to solution

@chatmanjohn 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to retrieve an activation email to finish activating your Roku device, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass along the information to our Support team who will be able to assist you further.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos