Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goldyb
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

I’m not seeing where this issue has been resolved. We have tried all the recommended steps, spoken with Roku (no help). Is there something we are missing or should we just return the TV. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jeffsmiskey 

Thanks for the post.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please send that information in a private message (PM) as we highly do not recommend posting personal information in a public place.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Goldyb @clbucknell @cmshome 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Goldyb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m not seeing a place to send you a private message?

0 Kudos
NewsView
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same issue here so I bought another ROKU thinking it was a glitch with the ROKU LT. Now I have a ROKU Ultra and it's the same problem — no activation link ever shows up even hours later (and no, it's not in my junk/spam folder). The only apparent workaround is to enter an alternate email but doing so for an existing ROKU account holder means splitting apart accounts, having to input a payment for the new email/account and re-configuring the channel lineup and preferences — in short a headache.

I tried to PM the info to the moderator but was only told that Support would be contacted. Problem is I already wasted so much time on this that my time to return the ROKU Ultra LT is running out (Walmart only gives customers 15 days to return these). I wasted time before and after the Christmas holiday on the assumption maybe the activation server was down but still no email despite factory resets and the like.

The LT/Ultra were purchased because the two ROKU Stick+ I bought in early 2019 are dying. One of them is dropping audio and needs to be replaced and the other one started overlaying the program encoding on my screen menus. When I start my TV, instead of going to the Home screen it prompts me to press the star button for more options. One day after exhibiting this odd behavior, the entire screen turned to snow (no audio/video), hence I actually need to replace both sticks — but neither ROKU will activate because the email never shows up!

If I can't get either one of these to activate soon, I am going to be forced to jump platforms because my TV service streams on a service my SmartTV manufacturer (Sony) doesn't carry. Long story short, the only ROKU still chugging along with no issue is my original ROKU Ultra (HD/720p) from nearly 10 years ago! 

I would like to suggest to ROKU the following: Existing customers should have an option to manually enter their device ID/serial number in their account vs. rely on an email-based activation link. An email link should only be necessary for first-time ROKU owners. For existing account holders there SHOULD be an option to login on this website and add it to one's list of devices!

mikevince

No email for activation

Jump to solution

Danny - how can I PM you?  I don't see any links to do so. I received a Roku Express (I have 3 premieres already active in the house and working great) but I cannot receive an activation email to my hotmail account.   I can get one to my gmail account, but then the system wants me to set up an entirely new account instead of using the one my other 3 devices are already attached to.  Thanks.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID onthe Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rahlengul

Where is My Activation EMAIL!!!!

Jump to solution

ROKU SEND ME MY ACTIVATION EMAIL WTF!!

You guys don't have a problem giving some stupid kudos for creating a post. but wont send me an activation email so I can actually use the **bleep** product.

0 Kudos
badbear7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How am I supposed to send you a private message when there is no address in your reply to send it to. I cannot get down to the enter your email address box on the activate your Roku player screen. I have reset the device I have changed wireless networks I have created an online Roku account nothing works please resolve this issue otherwise I will take the product back and go to you one of your competitors.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@badbear7 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos