Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bagoomba
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

If everyone else is like me we did all of these suggestions, of course they don't help.  I was finally able to activate by using my phone's hotspot for wifi instead.  I'm using a Google Nest router and I'm wondering if that's the issue or maybe Roku finally figured out they have a problem.

Anyway, maybe try that and see if it works for you.  After activation I switched back to my regular wifi and everything is working.

0 Kudos
CE2

Jump to solution

I have tried over and over to request a account activation link to my email for my tv. I am able to get into my phone but not my TV. Please help me. I have checked my spam folder and its not there. 

0 Kudos
Sandyb

Re: No Link Code Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

Where do you type in the email address? There is no keyboard on screen and nothing else will connect with this part of Roku.

0 Kudos
Dano1
Channel Surfer

Re: No Link Code Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

Hi Sandy,

I had to push OK (that I would type in my Email) on the RuKu remote. Only then did a keyboard appear on the TV. Make sure you have established an  online account with RuKu  first, in order for your (TV)  typed in email, to connect to an existing account. I hope this helps. I had the same problem. I am only a 2 week old user.

Danny, new to Ruku

0 Kudos
Elkueto

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,

I am having the same issue. I didn't receive any activation email. Its been more than an hour now. My TV screen is stuck at "set display type" . Can't go back. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Bagoomba
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you try using another wireless network? I ended up using my phone Hotspot. 

0 Kudos
TJT65
Reel Rookie

Re: I didn't receive an Activation Code email.

Jump to solution

I just had the same issue.   This is the second roku streaming stick in my house.   Got to the point of entering the email associated with my account, but I do not receive an email with the activation code.   I have confirmed the right email was entered and I did a reset on the device and still nothing.   I even tried entering a different email and nothing. Is the system down and not sending emails?

0 Kudos
Tina72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried that also. 🙁

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Elkueto you have to go past setting display type to get to email input screen

0 Kudos
Uploaded5

Jump to solution

No activation code. No number to enter on tv. Keep following the same directions and keep getting the same results.  How do I activate my ROKU TV?

0 Kudos