Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Entering email address to obtain link to activate

Jump to solution

I have exact same problem ..........would be interested in an answer !

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to retrieve an activation code or email, please make sure of the following things:

-If you are prompted with an activation email, make sure to use your Roku account email and check your spam folder as users have reported activation emails being sent there.

-If you are unable to retrieve an activation code on the screen, try using an alternate wireless network to see if you can generate an activation code.

If you are are still unable to activate your device, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
seymore
Reel Rookie

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Got my problem solved

Cozyimp

I didn't receive an Activation Code email.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere a got a few days ago. I made the Roku account, and then wasn't able to hook up the streamer right away.

Tonight I went to hook it up, have it all done up to the point where I need the email, and I never received one, I searched in my yahoo account, and nothing.

The website doesn't show an option to have it sent, and now I'm stuck on what to do, can't move forward on anything untill I get a code and never had one.

Now what?

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: I didn't receive an Activation Code email.

Jump to solution

Have you checked your SPAM folder?

0 Kudos
Cozyimp

Jump to solution

Yea I did, spam, trash, in the regular part of the email, even did a search on Roku and no email from them when I made the account.

0 Kudos
Cozyimp

Jump to solution

I just deleted my account, opened up a NEW account, added my details and everything...and still NO email for activation and its been 30 mins or abouts so far.  

Is there an issue with the website?  Is there a phone number I can call to sort this out?

0 Kudos
Dano1
Channel Surfer

Re: I can't type in my email address without a keyboard.

Jump to solution

I'm trying to activate my Ruku premiere. They ask for my email address to get a link code. I do not have a smart phone so how do I get a code if there is no on screen keyboard provided. Frustrating!

0 Kudos
Dano1
Channel Surfer

Re: I can't type in my email address without a keyboard.

Jump to solution

The keyboard was displayed after I clicked OK. I wish I was prompted to click OK on the remote. Activated smoothly afterwards

Dano1

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cozyimp 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos