Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbutler558

Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

I am activating a new Roku device. I typed in my email address to receive an activation link. I never received an email.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.  If you are not receiving the email to activate your Roku device during setup, we would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: 'How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device'

If you still encounter issues after following the steps in our Support article, some additional things to try are as follows:
  • try a different network, such as a mobile hotspot
  • if you use a web based email, try checking for the Roku email using a different browser or in incognito/private mode
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread.  Thanks again for your continued patience.

Thanks,
Danny

Additional Roku resources that you might find helpful:
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

519 REPLIES 519

No activation code comes to my email. Should I return device?

Jump to solution

Hello, I just got my new streaming stick from Walmart and I have 3 other roku device in my house as I go to activate this one i am entering the same email address so it just pairs and it’s telling me that and email link has been sent to activate but I am not getting anything. I’ve attempted factory reset, read all responses here. Should I just return it? $40 bucks to just do nothing 

ttmako

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

I too am having the same issue.

While doing the setup routine, Roku is sending an activation code to my email.  It never comes.

I've reset the roku deivce, tried a different email.  

So far this thing sucks.

Apple TV always seems to work flawlessly.

ttmako

Jump to solution

But yet i get an email with this stupid badge award.

Anybody want to buy a roku device.

New never used

oneout41

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. I even reset the roku and re-entered my email and still nothing 😕

lgonzal24

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue entered email multiple times ... even went back to factory settings. Any advice

abishop31

No email for activation

Jump to solution

I also just got a roku express and I keep entering my email address in and I’m not receiving the email with the activation link.

tfb00513

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue.  By the time the email shows up, if it does, the link is expired.  

KDot

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

My new Rocky that I just bought is also not working. There is no email being sent to activate it. What is going on ??

BBones

Jump to solution

Exactly what is happening to me.  Brand new Roku Streaming Stick+.  Flawless installation of it.  Gets to the email screen and insists it has sent an email to me.  This is the 3rd time now that the screen has come up with no email showing in my gmail account.  I checked Spam, Inbox, Promotions and Social