Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
london_mom
Level 7

No Activation link!

We bought a new Roku express (our old one just stopped working. Unplugged old device. plugged in new device. Reset modem, turned TV on. Device connected to wifi no problem. Does not ask for email or give an activation code. Already deactivated old device on Roku account. Now what?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Activation link!

Did it go through the initial setup?  What's on the TV screen right now?

You may just want to factory reset it and start over.  Find the pinhole reset button and hold it in with a paperclip or something similar for no less than 30 seconds regardless of what's happening onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sherifriend
Level 7

I am having the same issue. We factory reset our roku express and now cannot get it to activate. No screen asks for an email only goes straight to the screen to give you a code but no code ever comes up. We have reset our router, reset roku, another factory reset and same thing. The screen says “activation issue” get a new code-does the same thing no code, back, and more options just has you resetting system again. I am so frustrated!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Sherifriend,

We appreciate your post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary