Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No Activation Code Showing

Setting up a #Roku Express... I have an existing Roku account and when put my email in for activation I get an email with a link to page that requires a code... No code shows on the TV to put into the input box..  no code in the email & no code on the TV - can't confirm. also, didn't receive a HDMI cable - very poor experience so far

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No Activation Code Showing

got the same problem, any answers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to receive a activate device code

same issue. There is no link code displayed so I can't enter a link code. Roku express

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Zeff @kenny1 @joe1950 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV and then seeing if you can set up the device.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Already done factory reset and no code still showing on my tv screen any other options?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dj23 

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried to perform a factory reset on your device, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can connect and setup your Roku device. Then once the device is setup, you can connect back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos