Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzfard

Newer Roku Ultras loose HDMI connection.

I bought a new Roku Ultra (2021)? It kept loosing it's HDMI connection to my TV.

I bought another new Roku Ultra. Same thing.

Tried another TV. Tried another HDMI cable. Same thing. And no, Selecting the 4K TV  setting instead of automatic does not fix the problem

I bought a third Roku Ultra. Same thing.

All I can conclude is that Roku is selling a big batch of Roku Ultras with a serious defect.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Speechlady

Re: Newer Roku Ultras loose HDMI connection.

We just purchased another Ultra.  We have 3 others that work fine, but this new one does not have power when we try to turn it on each time!  Have to unplug each time and try again!  Did yours do that??

0 Kudos
Screener85

I purchased my Roku Ultras in December of 2021 and do not use it a lot but I'm having a similar problem.  When I put stick into the TV and change the TV to the correct HDMI plug it works until I change the TV back to regular channels. Now if I got back to use Roku it does not work until I unplug it and wait a while and plug it in again it will work until the TV is changed again.  Have you found a answer?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Screener85, try pressing the Home button on your remote to wake the Roku or disable "power saving" under Settings->System->Power if it's there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Screener85  Your Roku is probably going to sleep due to inactivity. Go to settings/network and disable the bandwidth saver. The power saving feature mentioned I have never seen in any of my Ultras or Sticks

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

I think the Roku Streaming Stick 4k has the power saving feature.  The Roku Streaming Stick Plus does not have the power saving feature.

0 Kudos