Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New roku express won't work second device

This is my second roku express both have done the same thing it will not go through the initial setup my TV just keeps showing no signal and yes I have tried each of the hdmi ports I am not a novice with electronics just wondering if anyone else has had this problem I have used my own hdmi that I know works as well T.I.A

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New roku express won't work second device

How are you powering it, by tv usb port or plugged into a wall outlet? And if you're using the wall outlet are you using the ac adapter that came with the roku? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Everything is the roku supplied using the wall adapter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mikerh23 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So after bringing it to one of my other tvs it will come on but both tvs are about the same age so I'm not sure why it will not work kind of disappointing though as it will not work in the room I need it in thanks everyone for the help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mikerh23 

Thanks for the update.

If the device works on another TV, it would appear that there's a connecting issue with the TV that you are trying to connect the TV to. This could be related to the HDMI port on the TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No I currently have an older roku connected with hdmi in the same port I tried using. I also tested the other two ports and all work fine not sure what the issue could be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mikerh23 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About, the TV brand and model that you are trying to connect the device to, along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos